45 years of international events to keep pace with the future #IMAturns45
IMA has offered international conferences and trainings to the management support professionals since its founding in 1974. The original idea for the association was to form a platform for networking across borders for secretaries - as we were called at the time - under the name of EAPS – European Association for Professional Secretaries, and to arrange international events. Today, as IMA - International Management Assistants, we are still the association for management support professionals who want to exchange experience and expertise with colleagues around the world.
IMA takes the next step based on last year’s international theme for training and development “The Digital Age” to 2019's “The Future is Now”. We have been talking about 2020 for a while, actually since about 2000. 2020 is approaching fast, just a few more months, and we have to be ready to embrace the Future which has become Now. How can we ensure that we get the needed upgrade of our competences to suit the business environment and our executives? We have to enhance our soft skills: emotional intelligence, leadership, communication, adaptability, innovativeness, resilience, creativity and finally and perhaps most important: our personality. Because in the end, a job is a job. However, you is you. We management support professionals will always do our job from our heart, in a human way.
• First out was the international training day on April 6, 2019 in Athens, Greece with the current topic “At the Heart of Leadership - Put your Emotional Intelligence into Action” and our internationally experienced master trainer, Marina Giareni, creator of Learning4Life Training, Consulting & Coaching, gave us new insights and knowledge into this important area, which will be needed for the new work environment. We were with around 130 participants of management support professionals from 20 different countries. Emotional intelligence is the ability to recognize your emotions, understand what they're telling you, and realize how your emotions affect people around you. The training was very interactive and gave us the opportunity to better understand how our emotions are working. We, the management support professionals, always have been good at this skill, emotional intelligence, but have more or less taken it for granted. Now is the time to highlight it and show how we contribute to the business!
Next on tour is IMA 45th International Conference with the topic “The Future is Now: How to be a challenger in your role”. The conference takes place on October 18, 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland. The program consists of excellent speakers:
• Innovation that sticks
By Lars Sudmann
• Anatomy of a Future Leader – How to stay relevant in the future
By Ishtar Touailat
• Detour: Winning When Life Doesn’t Go According to Plan
By Courtney Clark
• Digitalis: how to reinvent yourself in digital age
By Thierry Geerts
• The Game Changing Assistant
By Andrea Macarie
The IMA vision and mission:
Be the leading international network of management support professionals
• by providing high quality development training
• by promoting knowledge sharing
• by encouraging interaction among the members
• by monitoring the development of our profession
• by speaking up for the profession
If you are interested in a membership or in becoming a partner, please click here
Back to overview